-->

and should be transferring in a little over a month!!!!

Bill and I met S&G for brunch on March 10th. We spent 3 hours talking, enjoying our meal, and drinking way too much coffee. I finally looked at my phone and realized the time; also realized we had spent very little time actually talking about surrogacy. We both needed to run at this point so decided we would get in touch with each other once we had some time to think everything over. I already knew my decision but I knew they would need to think over all the costs associated with a surrogacy in the United States.

On my birthday, March 24, I got a great birthday present! They wanted to match with me. The email subject read "Check Yes or No" which I thought was great. I really like they have such a great sense of humor. It always makes this process go much easier when things are kept light and not too serious. I let them know that I was ready to begin as soon as they were. So from there began the hurry up and wait. So far everything has gone fairly smoothly. We were really pushing for a June transfer and we almost got our way. Looks like transfer will be sometime between June 30th and July 5th.

Contracts went smoothly. It really helped that they used the same lawyer that Y&S used. Meant most everything was already written and I knew what to expect.

We used the psych evaluation from last time. While some would disagree with this I really don't think I could have gotten too much crazier in the last 3 years.

S&G were able to find an egg donor fairly quickly.

We found an insurance company that would cover the surrogacy here in North Carolina.

Those are usually the biggest hurdles in beginning a surrogacy and we were able to knock them out pretty quickly. I feel like if the IVF clinic and donor agency had been a bit more on top of things we would have been able to transfer a little sooner but all seems to be coming together in the end.

1 comments:

Hi, I'm getting ready to venture into my first surrogacy journey and have become obsessed with reading blogs about it. I notice you are also from nc and would be a cool contact to have. Would love to pick your brain but totally understand if you are not interested. You can email me at melsshort@hotmail.com

Tentative Calendar

About this blog

This blog is to be a journal for my hopeful journey into surrogacy. I will try to keep it up to date as I move forward.

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to some awesome kids, 3 of my own and one step son, a wife to one awesomely geeky husband, a daughter to two wonderful parents, a big sister, a auntie to one super cute nephew and adorable twin nieces, and a friend to those in need or who just like to talk. I am who I am, I work to better myself everyday but for the most part I am a disorganized, passionate, loving, positive, crazy, stubborn, sometimes irrational & moody woman.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Poll

Pages

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Links