-->

Wednesday we had a canceled cycle scare. The RE who read Y's ultrasound said it looked like there were only 5 follicles and it didn't make since to continue the cycle because there were so few follicles. Of course Y was devastated! She wasn't even sure they would try to use her eggs again and then she would have to use an egg donor. This was very upsetting news. And of course I was upset too. It isn't pleasant to stick yourself daily and to have done it for nothing would have been very upsetting.

Fast foward to Thursday's appointment.... There were 10 nice looking follicles!!! Woohoo! We are so happy to be moving forward. The follicles are growing a little slower so that has pushed the retrieval till Monday and the transfer will most likely be on Thursday. Progesterone shots start on Sunday night. I am not too worried about them though because I have already been giving myself the Delestrogen. The only thing about the progesterone is there is a lot more of it to inject. I have heard horror stories about the injection causing knots in the rear. That doesn't sound pleasant so I am going to be persistent in keeping a heating pad on the injection spot to keep from getting them.

On top of the transfer we are leaving for the beach on Sunday. The family will be there all week so I am going to fly out from Wilmington on Wednesday so that I can enjoy the beach also. I have so much to do to get ready for the trip and the transfer. At least it will keep me busy and hopefully make the time go by fast!

0 comments:

Tentative Calendar

About this blog

This blog is to be a journal for my hopeful journey into surrogacy. I will try to keep it up to date as I move forward.

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to some awesome kids, 3 of my own and one step son, a wife to one awesomely geeky husband, a daughter to two wonderful parents, a big sister, a auntie to one super cute nephew and adorable twin nieces, and a friend to those in need or who just like to talk. I am who I am, I work to better myself everyday but for the most part I am a disorganized, passionate, loving, positive, crazy, stubborn, sometimes irrational & moody woman.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Poll

Pages

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Links