-->

First step... research.
I have done my research and continue to read more about surrogacy daily. I check surromomsonline.com like an addict, have read all information that I can get from agency sites, and googled surrogacy, surrogate, insurance, etc. till I can't even think of other phrases to google. I have even searched for PIO (progesterone in oil) injection videos on youtube. Yes, they have not only one video of someone shooting them selves in the butt with a syringe, but there are at least 25. I have watched 5 hoping that this will ease my mind. I cringe at the sight but do not need to turn my head. I can and will over come this fear! Hopefully Dr Mike will have the supplies for me to start over coming the fear soon. I want to know I can do this before getting too far with a couple. They have been through enough heartache and I don't want to get their hopes up but I really don't thing the shots will be a problem. I am hard headed enough not to let my fear stand in the way.

Second step... put my name out there.
I have contacted a few agencies. Most require that I have insurance in place before even talking to them. I finally found one that answered my questions and sent me an application despite the insurance being up in the air. It took me 2 hours to fill out the 20 page application. I hope I look OK on paper. It all makes me a little nervous but excited at the same time.

I am also putting my name out there on a couple of surrogate sites. The thought of going independent (without an agency) makes me even more nervous but I have met a local woman who also went independent and has already talked to me about a lawyer I could use and I am sure will help me more as the journey progresses. The surrogacy community is very close and very willing to help noobs such as myself. I actually had my first e-mail from a traditional couple and have sent them a response. Exciting but I do not expect my first contact to be the one. Don't get my hopes up and I won't be disappointed. Right???

Well that is where I am at with everything right now. I will hopefully continue to post as the journey progresses.

0 comments:

Tentative Calendar

About this blog

This blog is to be a journal for my hopeful journey into surrogacy. I will try to keep it up to date as I move forward.

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to some awesome kids, 3 of my own and one step son, a wife to one awesomely geeky husband, a daughter to two wonderful parents, a big sister, a auntie to one super cute nephew and adorable twin nieces, and a friend to those in need or who just like to talk. I am who I am, I work to better myself everyday but for the most part I am a disorganized, passionate, loving, positive, crazy, stubborn, sometimes irrational & moody woman.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Poll

Pages

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Links