-->

So of course there are obstacles that must be over come. The whole process can be a little over whelming. But I am doing my research and have already learned a bunch from the ladies on a wonderful forum called http://www.surromomsonline.com .

I am listing my obstacles on my blogs in hopes that it will remind me that it is a short list and not really as daunting as it seems.
1. Finish the divorce. There is really not much more to do here except get the separation agreement signed and file with the clerk of court. As long as the ex cooperates this should be pretty simple and the divorce should be final about 2 months after I file.
2. Insurance seems to be the most difficult part of all of this yet. Hardly any plans cover surrogacy. What a PIA! Not to mention they cost a fortune. I want to help someone have a baby, not break their bank with large premiums, deductibles, co-pays, and all the other junk that I can not even began to understand when looking at an insurance plan. Right now I have two options. One is Blue Cross Blue Shield and the other is *******.
3. And last but certainly not least is my fear of needles. Since I will being doing IVF (in vitro fertilization) to get pregnant with the IP's (intended parent's) baby I will have to take shots to help prepare my body for the baby. I will have to administer these shots myself. OUCH! I have a plan though! The most wonderful Dr. Mike (a close friend and a pediatrician) is going to teach me how to administer them. He has taught kids with diabetes to give themselves shots. Surely he can get me use to it too. We are starting on oranges, then my stomach, and finally in my thigh or in my butt. This is going to be fun. Maybe I will even post pictures.

0 comments:

Tentative Calendar

About this blog

This blog is to be a journal for my hopeful journey into surrogacy. I will try to keep it up to date as I move forward.

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to some awesome kids, 3 of my own and one step son, a wife to one awesomely geeky husband, a daughter to two wonderful parents, a big sister, a auntie to one super cute nephew and adorable twin nieces, and a friend to those in need or who just like to talk. I am who I am, I work to better myself everyday but for the most part I am a disorganized, passionate, loving, positive, crazy, stubborn, sometimes irrational & moody woman.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Poll

Pages

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Links